Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2012 23:40:07 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, pho@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: close() of an flock'd file is not atomic

--JQJYpj0es6mGpGbU

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 11:38:15AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> Here now is the tested version of the actual fix after the vn_open_vnode()
> changes were committed.  This is hopefully easier to parse now.
>=20
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/flock_open_close4.patch

Do you need atomic op to set FHASLOCK in vn_open_cred ? I do not think
*fp can be shared with other thread there.

I thought that vrele() call in vn_closefile() would need a
vn_start_write() or vn_start_secondary_write() dance around it, but
now I believe it is not needed, since ufs_inactive() handles start of
secondary writes on its own. Still, it would be good if Peter could test
the patch with snapshotting load just be to safe there.

--JQJYpj0es6mGpGbU

--JQJYpj0es6mGpGbU--