Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:48:38 +0100
From:      gabor@zahemszky.hu
To:        <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Evince configuration bug

Hi!

I've just found an interesting bug in the new GNOME3.
The Evince package has a default dependency on nautilus.
Nautilus has a default dependency on tracker.
Tracker has a default dependency on libgxps.

But in the evince Makefile, the graphics/libgxps dependency
is non-default. What does it mean? We have the library to
handle XPS, but we have a Document viewer, which cannot
use it.

So I think, it would be better to put XPS in evince's
OPTIONS_DEFAULT variable. By the way, if I know well,
Evince would be the only one application on  FreeBSD,
with what we could print an XPS file - actually
neither graphics/mupdf nor the utilities in
graphics/libgxps can print. (Yes, I can convert
an XPS file to another format from the command line,
and print after conversion, but it's not user-friendly.)

Thanks,

Zahemszky, Gabor  < Gabor at Zahemszky dot HU >