Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 20:33:44 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.hb.north.de>
To:        alex@fa.tdktca.com (Alex Nash)
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ipfw (was: Re: lockups.)

Alex Nash writes:

> >  just in case anyone else here sometimes boots older kernels...
> > or makes mistakes while updating remote :)
>
> Nifty trick, I like it.  I just wanted to point out one thing: this
> is only necessary if you plan to boot kernels supped before Feb 23,
> not 0696.

Umm you are thinking of -current maybe? :)  or my -stable must have
had an, errm, interesting problem for quite a while now...

 actually no (thanks cvs :), looks like current is also affected:
struct ip_fw has been extended and when the old ipfw(8) now tries to
add an entry it says, ip_fw_ctl: len=64, want 100

 (hmm i havent looked but maybe the kernel part could be changed to
accept both versions?)

> Alex
 cheers,
	Juergen  (who just wanted to get a little warning out...)