Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:41:19 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSUP and 5.2.1 RELEASE

--Boundary-02=_jxY9AyKXz7rfSs0

On Wednesday 2004-07-14 01:36 pm, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> It is not that your instructions are wrong, it is that your instructions
> involve more typing, and for some people that extra typing does not gain
> them anything. =20

Is there ever a reason why someone would want their jail environments to be=
=20
built from a different source checkout than the host environment?  It seems=
=20
that "make world DESTDIR=3D/foo" would be upgrade that jail's userland to=20
newer release than their main system, *unless* they had just upgraded their=
=20
host environment, in which case I would think they'd want to use=20
the /usr/obj tree they've already compiled instead of building a new one=20
for each jail.

Is that right, or are people using their jails in ways that hadn't occurred=
=20
to me?
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser