Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 00:29:28 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>, FreeBSD-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect for Linux on FreeBSD

> > It's running fine here; should be OK on 2.2.5 and later (perhaps even
> > 2.2.2) - I'm using it now to write some HTML describing in painful
> > detail everything that's involved in making it work.
> >
> > All the usual crap - make sure your LKM's in sync, check you have
> > linux_lib 2.4 or later installed, etc.
>
> I didn't check the version of linux_lib, but it was ancient.  I
> installed the new version, and at least now it produces a display and
> seems to be working.  Of course, it's full of these silly icons which
> don't mean anything to me, so I suppose I'll have to get Yvonne to
> decipher it for me.

Do you remember which version you had installed?

If you don't know what the icons do, point at one for a couple of
seconds and it will tell you.  I'm unhappy at the paucity of keyboard
shortcuts for things, but I understand you can roll these to suit, and
it's certainly a pretty tolerable WYSIWYG HTML editor.  I'll put up the
results of the evening's work shortly and you can pick its code apart.

The one thing irritating me so far is that I can't work out how to turn
off the bloody grammar checker.  I expect that its default American
dictionary will piss me off too.