Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2012 14:27:28 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To:        Maho NAKATA <chat95@mac.com>, office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Eliminating use of _GCC_BUILD_DEPENDS from openoffice-3-devel

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012, Maho NAKATA wrote:
>> I now applied this based on maintainer timeout (3 weeks).
> Sorry I have just missed your e-mail...

Are you fine with me applying the same (hopefully temporary)
cleanup patch to openoffice-3 (non-devel)?

>> Is there any chance we can work on this together and identify why
>> you felt it was necessary in the first place?  For, it should not,
>> and rather just work with the standards ports infrastructure.
> If I remember correctly, it is needed for libgcc_s.so and/r libstdc++.so
> linked correctly.
>
> Now I'm checking without it. Yes, of course it's dirty and should be
> eliminated. However, at least, my attempt failed by lang/gcc47 by a
> different reason (bash segfaulted somehow).

I looked into this from my end.  In Mk/bsd.gcc.mk we have the
following

  _GCC_RUNTIME:=          ${LOCALBASE}/lib/gcc${V}
  CFLAGS+=                -Wl,-rpath=${_GCC_RUNTIME}
  LDFLAGS+=               -Wl,-rpath=${_GCC_RUNTIME}

which should make the code in openoffice-3-devel/Makefile unnecessary.

Except, if OpenOffice is building C++ code, do we need to set another
flag perhaps?  Such as CXXFLAGS with the same?  I'd be happy to add
that if it helps.

If it does not make a difference, then is OpenOffice ignoring these
standard flags?  If so, that would be an OpenOffice bug.  Can you
address it there in case?

Gerald