Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:04:24 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Erratic USB mouse behaviour when wireless is down and USB hard disk connected

Hi,

I know that this is not a very helpful information.

I have an Lenovo X220 running 10 from some 2 weeks ago. I just noticed that
the USB mouse (a wireless Logitech Trackman) becomes unusable when the
wireless (iwn) is not able to connect to the access point and a USB hard disk
is plugged in. Even when no data are transferred the USB mouse is unusable.

The built-in track-point behaves just normal.

When I turn off the wireless network via the hardware switch, the system stays
usable as expected even under heavy hard disk access. If it was not something
else I have missed, the only difference was the access point which went down
when I noticed the problem.

Please understand this just as a hint to the developers of the sub-systems
which could cause the problem. As this network here is not mine, I am not able
to do any tests with it.

If somebody has an idea what could be tested, tell me please. I will have
access to 'my' network the coming week again.

Erich