Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:06:26 -0400
From:      WiggTekMicro Corp <wiggtekmicro@comcast.net>
To:        Dylan Wylie <d.wylie@hccnet.nl>, Mobile-BSDlist <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 won't run on 5.1 installed on Lifebook S-2020.

--=-4DeGHJETE2Z9blqnnYlx

The checkered screen with the large "X" appears, so I know that the
-configure file is functional.  However, when I try to run that file,
after modification for my specific equipement, the same screen appears,
for a moment, and then the session exits with  the bad monitor name :0
errors.  I have just finished with 4.8, so I will probably try that.
However, I had the same problems with 4.4 on a publishers copy.  It had
3.3 xfree86.  I have gotten the graphic interface to work twice, in as
many days of doing the same things I did when I had it working.

Thanks for the comments.  What OS release are you running?
--
Respectfully,

Martes G.W.
Wiggtekmicro Corp