Date:      Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:29:39 -0700
From:      "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi@lehub.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@leonardo.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape vs. Slashdot vs. FreeBSD

I've run into the same thing.  It doesn't always happen.  It appears to be X
related.  I often have a simular problem with pages using Java applets blowing
up Netscape as well.  Versions 4.5 on.  I haven't checked bugzilla.

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 17:35:40 +0930, Sendmail channeled Greg Lehey saying:
> On Wednesday,  6 October 1999 at  0:50:44 -0700, Mike O'Brien wrote:
> > 	Ok, this may sound off-the-wall, but lately, Netscape 4.07
> > and the new Netscape 4.7 both dump core very quickly as soon as
> > they try to do anything on Slashdot...but only on FreeBSD (3.1 at
> > the moment).  Netscape on Windows (yurgh) works fine, Netscape on
> > Solaris works fine.
> >
> > 	Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> I've seen a lot of cases of Netscrape dying, but I can read this one
> fine.  This is 4.61.
>
> Greg
> --
> When replying to this message, please copy the original recipients.
> For more information, see http://www.lemis.com/questions.html
> See complete headers for address, home page and phone numbers
> finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key

| Kenton A. Hoover                                  | shibumi@marchordie.org |
|  Private Citizen                                  |                        |
| San Francisco, California                         |                        |
|        An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend         |
|            time with fools.        -- For Whom the Bell Tolls              |
|                                        Ernest Hemingway                    |