Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:21:28 -0700
From:      "rick - SomersNet, Inc." <rick@123hostit.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   5-10,000 connected HTTP users???

Can someone tell me if it is possible to have 10,000 connected http
users if your hardware will support it and running FreeBSD and Apache.

I am looking into buying a monster server from DELL with 4 p-3 550
processors, 2 gigs of ram, and a terabyte of drive space. However before
I do I want to make sure there is an OS that can handle what I want to
get out of it.

anyone have an opinion on this? I know it's a bit out of the ordinary..

thanks..

..rick