Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:13:55 -0500
From:      Matthew Hagerty <mhagerty@voyager.net>
To:        Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to make /dev/dri/card0?

Greetings,

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is DRM?  I can see that it is
something failing in my X startup, but other than that I find no reference
to it.  I checked the XFree86 site and the DRI site at sourceforge but all
I can find talks about DRI.  This is the first time I have really delved
this far into getting an X/KDE system running on my FreeBSD machines and it
is somewhat confusing.  There does not seems to be any one place to get a
complete list of what is needed and how it all fits together, and most of
the documentation I find is either out of date, for Linux, or assumes too much.

Can you tell me what the DRM is, what it is for, and how it fits into the
whole X/KDE/DRI picture?  Or at least a link?  I briefly checked out your
site and I think I could follow what is going on, but I'm still confused.

Thanks,
Matthew