Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 10:48:01 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F6rgen_I_Larsson?= <jorgen@telia.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: gal-0.5

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 10:13:55PM +0100, Jörgen I Larsson wrote:
> I am trying to install the mail client evolution and have been fighting for
> some days.

Don't bother, it's broken on anything except Linux :)

> It has now boiled down to that gal can't be installed. I would appreciate
> any help or advise.

Yup.  You have some Bad Things[tm] going on here.

> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libgnomeui.so.4, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libglade
> -gnome.so, may conflict with libgnomeui.so.5
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libart_lgpl.so.4, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libglad
> e-gnome.so, may conflict with libart_lgpl.so.5
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libgnome.so.4, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libglade-g
> nome.so, may conflict with libgnome.so.5

This shows that you have both GNOME 1.2 and GNOME 1.4 components installed
on your system - I specifically bumped the shared library versions of
all the major libraries in the upgrade.

You will need to clean out every single trace of GNOME 1.2 from your
system, install GNOME 1.4, and then everything will be fine.

Regards,
	-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			       ade@FreeBSD.org