Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 11:59:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Data overrun" with 3.0-SNAP, 2940UW controllers

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Brian Tao wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Tom Samplonius wrote:
> >
> > 3.0-970209?  The ahc driver has had major bugs fixed since then.
> > This has been reported on this list many times.
>
>     2.2/2.2.1 aren't much better from what I've heard, but I'll try
> grabbing the -current aic* kernel bits and see if that helps.  Thanks.

  I don't know where you heard that, but the newest ahc rev has fixed all
the problems I had, and several others as well.  I haven't heard any
problems reported here lately.  Plus, there is no way any developer is
going to be looking for bugs in 3.0-970209 considering how much things
have changed already.

  Also, make sure you are using tagged commands, but no scb paging.  scb
pagin support isn't complete yet, and the non tagged command code is
poorly tested.

  Also, beware trying to transplant the ahc driver from current.  Code for
the driver is split over a few different files, some in different
directories.  Just cvsup the sys collection instead.

> --
> Brian Tao (BT300, taob@netcom.ca)
> "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't"

Tom