Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:54:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, horn@fkbond.pc.helsinki.fi
Subject:   Re: DVIPS

> Hallo everyone!
>
> Since the 2.2.1-RELEASE I can't find the DVIPS tool which I normally use
> in combination with latex. That I have found was somewhere on a mirror
> the file dvips-5.62.tgz of the 2.2-RELEASE which doesn't work under my
> 2.2.1-RELEASE because the file structure has changed. Could anyone help
> me?
>
> Matthias Horn

I know this recommendation is painful to implement, but I suggest:

1. ls /var/db/pkg | lpr # so you know what packages you have installed
2. pkg_delete everything having to do with latex
3. reinstall tetex from the ports
4. add back the components of TeX that are not part of tetex

tetex is a coherent TeX distribution.  Mixing TeX distribution components
can be highly confusing to some of them (as you have found out).  You
will get dvips as part of tetex.

Good luck,
Bud Dodson

--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790