Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 18:18:45 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.numachi.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   tuning for a file server?

I know there was recently a grumble about having stock recipies
for kernal configurations, but I had an actual question, or rather,
a request for pointers:

I'm planning on putting together a monster file server (a half-Gig
of memory or more, many Gig worth of drives) and was curious about
peoples' suggestions about tuning the kernal to avoid various
bottlenecks.

It's only a P-133 triton II motherboard, and I'm planning on two
PCI SCSI adaptors, but I've made no decisions or specifics beyond
that.

I am subscribed to -hackers, but feel free to respond to me directly.

Thanks...

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert			          reichert@numachi.com
37 Crystal Ave. #303