Date:      Wed, 06 May 2015 02:39:19 +0000
From:      Ian Lord <lordi@msdi.ca>
To:        "doceng@FreeBSD.org" <doceng@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: ghostscript9-agpl-9.15_1 Problem with accents

Hi,

I had a long discussion with developers of ghostscript about a bug I have o=
n FreeBSD. With lots of troubleshooting, we arrived to the conclusion that =
the problem doesn't happen when building from source directly, but happens =
on a fresh install of FreeBSD when building the port.

To make it quick, gs renders images incorrectly with some fonts when there =
are accents. We suspect it might have something to do with freetype but we =
are not sure.

Is that something you want to look into ? If so, I can give you more detail=
s like the discussion I had with the ghostscript developers, and documents =
that cause the problem, etc.

Let me know if you are interested in fixing this. I'll gladly help.

For my part, Since it works when compiling from source, I'm ok, but other u=
sers might hit the same bugs if it's not fixed.

Regards
Ian Lord
Les solutions e-Z-max inc.
2540, boul. Daniel-Johnson, bureau 610