Date:      Tue, 7 May 1996 20:49:44 +0100 (BST)
From:      " Stephen P. Butler" <stephen@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel M/Bs with FreeBSD.

Has anybody got any experience in using the Intel motherboards with
FreeBSD?  I'm looking into buying the bits to build a FreeBSD system
and I was wondering whether the Intel M/Bs were worth looking at.

As far as I'm aware, there's the plain Triton 430FX chipset M/B, the
Endeavour with the on board sound chipset and the Atlantis with the
sound and ATI graphics chipset.  Would the on-board hardware be
supported by FreeBSD and Xfree86 or would I need new drivers?

I'd appreciate any suggestions at all on what to look for when buying
motherboards since I'm not overly familiar with PC hardware.  I have
looked at the handbook and noticed the suggestions on ASUS
motherboards, but I haven't seen anybody advertising them in the UK.

TIA,
  Stephen.
|Stephen Butler                       |stephen@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk |
|Computer Science Undergraduate.      |                        |
|Royal Holloway, University of London.|                        |