Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:57:50 +0930
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Screen goes white when switching between console and X

Hi, all.

I've recently got completely sick of the horrid, non-accelerated
XFree86-3.x that I had installed on my Toshiba 4090XCDT. I
replaced it with XFree86-4.1.0 (packages from 4.5-RELEASE).

Now, I've got the configuration *nearly* correct. It'll start X
perfectly, with nice, quick refresh rate that handles lots of
lines of text well.

The only catch is that if I switch to console mode and try and
switch back, the screen turns black and fills bright white from
the edges into the middle. It's quite disconcerting.

I enjoy being able to use console mode whilst X is running. I've
not been able to find anything on the 'net that suggests a cure
to this problem, so I thought I'd check with people here.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

   - andrew