Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:28:46 +0900
From:      Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        Mark Roberts <newsletter@marktroberts.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP Change Script

At Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:47:40 +0200 (METDST),
Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> From the keyboard of Mark Roberts:
> > I am looking for a script to easily change the IP, Default Route, DNS
> > Servers....etc.  I figure since this good it about FreeBSD on mobile
> > platforms someone might have a good suggestion for a script or app.  The
> > goal is I want to be able to plug my laptop into a networks and change the
> > IP quickly without having to run ifconfig, etc...
>
> http://www.freebsd-support.de/misc/setnetparm/

And you might also look into this as well;

http://www.agt.ne.jp/~a-gota/programs/nicmond/nicmond-1.1.tar.gz

It claims that it watches the link status of your network interface
and dispatches a command when, say, you plug in and out you cable from
you on-board NIC; just like what pccard.conf or usbd.conf is there for.

I haven't tried it yet, the README file is in japanese, but the important
keywords are alphanumeric anyway :-), and of course you might as well UTSL.

The author just recently announced it on bsd-nomads ML:

http://www.clave.gr.jp/ml/bsd-nomads/200207/msg00016.html
--
Hiroharu Tamaru