Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:49:30 -0700
From:      Rob Meyers <meyers@cp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound problems on Dell Latitude CPi

I've been unable to get any kind of sound support on this Dell laptop
I'm running 3.3-STABLE on.  mpg123 spews out '/kernel: tsleep returns 4'
and no audio output is produced.

Here's the info on the card:  It's a Crystal 4327B non-PnP onboard
supposedly "sound blaster compatible" card.

I have these lines in my kernel config file:
controller      pnp0
device pcm0     at isa? port 0x52c tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

Here's what dmesg has to say about it:
pcm0 at 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0xa615 on isa
mss_attach <mss>0 at 0x52c irq 5 dma 1:5 flags 0xa615

I have tried getting OSS to work; when I build a kernel w/o a sound
controller and load the latest OSS, mpg123 locks up the system.  Whee!

Has anyone gotten sound on one of these Dell laptops to work?  What
do I need to put in my kernel config file??

Thanks,

Rob