Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 02:18:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Bert Driehuis <bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com>
To:        Julien Oster <sysadm@sysadm.cc>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting time from ISDN and using AOCD

On 10 Apr 1999, Julien Oster wrote:

> I'm a german Telekom user, so almost all toys like AOCD or correct timestamps
> are available.

I wouldn't trust ISDN timestamps, because that clock has no service
guarantee behind it. Telekom may synchronize it with DCF77, but they are
free not to. Myself, I trust Dutch PTT's timestamps as far as I can spit a
piano.

I'd suggest looking into NTP. Most ISP's have an NTP service which is
synchronized to a DCF-77 clock. This gives a much better chance of staying
in sync.

Cheers,

					-- Bert

Bert Driehuis, MIS -- bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com -- +31-20-3116119
The grand leap of the whale up the Fall of Niagara is esteemed, by all
who have seen it, as one of the finest spectacles in nature.
                -- Benjamin Franklin.