Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:55:32 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: KSCD...

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 08:26:01PM -0400, Christopher Michaels wrote:
> Mark,
> I'm not the original posted, but THANK YOU!  I found all of the below info
> in the mailing list archives about a month ago, except for what exactly had
> to go in the rc file.  Mine was blank just as you had described, and I just
> gave up on it for the time being.
>
> I wonder if the maintainer of the port should print some kind of message at
> the end of a 'make install' to this effect, or if it could be put in a FAQ
> somewhere.

Well something should be done (I'm not overly concerned myself
because I don't use it anymore) because the program core dumping
just because the wrong CD device is specifed is *bad*. At least a
message along the lines of "/dev/rmatcd0: device not found. Try
using the -d option to specify the correct device" would point all
but a very few people to the solution. Of course, using a sensible
default device would be sensible as well, ideally /dev/rwcd0 since
most users will have ATAPI CD-ROMs.