Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 20:09:44 -0500
From:      "Donald J . Maddox" <dmaddox@conterra.com>
To:        Erik Umenofer <eriku@silcom.com>
Cc:        dmaddox@conterra.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DMA/IRC timeout on SB16

On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 04:49:36PM +0000, Erik Umenofer wrote:
> Donald J . Maddox wrote:
>
> > I don't believe that the Vibra16x is supported by the VoxWare driver.
> > It is, however, supported by the pcm driver.  Pcm has no support for
> > MIDI, but it looks like you may have no choice.
> >
> > Try this in your kernel config:
> >
> > controller      pnp0
> > device          pcm0    at isa? port 0x220 tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 vector pcmintr
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 01:14:13AM +0000, Erik Umenofer wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > > I have a Vibra16x
> > > pnpinfo says...
> > > Checking for Plug-n-Play devices...
<SNIP>

> I Read somewhere in the source that the Vibra16X is supported but the voxware drivers
> didn't know how to use it
>
> I found some .c file in /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/ that says something like
>
> "this is for Vibra16x but i don't know how to set it..."

I think you saw that in /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd/ instead...  I can find no
mention whatsoever of the Vibra16X in the sound/ subdir.  I don't know what
would need to be hacked to add this support to VoxWare, but you might want
to take a closer look at the pcm driver's support for this card, either to
see how it's done and add it to the VoxWare driver, or to use it instead of
VoxWare.