Date:      Sat, 13 May 1995 16:41:12 +1000 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@asstdc.scgt.oz.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kernel panic w/NFS

Whilst copying some files between machines over NFS, I accidentally managed
to reboot the server of the pair .. the client then suffered a kernel panic
as a direct result. Is it possible to prevent the client from doing this
when the server "goes away" ?

Whilst it doesn't worry me for local connections, it is conceivable that a
link over an ISDN link might also exhibit this behaviour if it goes down at
an inappropriate time (as they usually do :-(),

	michael