Date:      Wed, 07 Nov 2001 08:20:36 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Nick Slager <ns@blueskyfrog.com>
Cc:        Darren Reed <avalon@cairo.anu.edu.au>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KAME IPsec on low-end hardware

I have done many experiments with this, and never seen over 10ms ping times, using 2 486-133's to do the ipsec
tunneling.. sounds like maybe something isn't set up just right.. ping every IP you know of, and see if anything else
has high ping times, also, if there are multiple IP's on the ipsec boxes, try pinging from each of those to see how it
turns out.. try turning encryption off, just using a tunnel.. anyway, I'm using blowfish (which seems to be one of the
slowest) and still get sub 10ms ping times (usually 5-8ms).

Eric