Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:16:34 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <smckay@internode.on.net>
To:        Bernhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, Stephen McKay <smckay@internode.on.net>
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox limitations with FreeBSD clients?

On Sunday, 19th August 2012, Bernhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fr=F6hlich?= wrote:

>What do you currently use to keep the time in sync? There are vbox
>guest additions that can keep the time in sync with the host clock
>or you could use an ntp client in the guest. Both did work fine for
>me in the past but results may vary.

I've tried with and without the virtualbox-ose-additions port but
my problem is more fundamental than drifting time.  Those "calcru"
warnings should not occur, no matter whether you have the additions
running or not.

At a very low level, my 10-current client is getting such bad time
information it cannot track time even approximately, and none of the
settings I've tried make it stable.

Do you have any well behaved FreeBSD virtual box clients?  Are any
of them running 10-current?  My experience with virtual FreeBSD clients
so far has been FreeBSD 8 on ESXi 4, and that has worked fine.

Stephen.