Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:01:38 -0700
From:      soralx@cydem.org
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quiet computer

> I also think that 25 Gbit/s is overly optimistic.

ha, no bullstalk here :)

>  > did you get to the point that you're sure it's being used?
>
> Now that's easy.  Just type "sysctl kern.random".  If you
> get a bunch of lines talking about "yarrow" and "harvest",
> then the kernel's software PRNG is used.  If you get an
> error message "unknown oid 'kern.random'", then a hardware
> generator is being used.

I was thinking more about the crypto device rather than the RNG:
is /dev/crypto really being used?

> Best regards
>    Oliver  ("VIA C3 Nehemiah+RNG+AES ")

the OP has a dual-core board -- I was interested in `ubench` of that,
as that's the board I want to buy somiteme (maybe)...

BTW how are things on the front of fight against noise going? who's
winning, and what is the score?

[SorAlx]  ridin' VN1500-B2