Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:11:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Val Kilmer <malaclypse@diogenes.ionet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound card questions.

FreeBSD3.2R, Pentium 200MMX, 64M Ram, enough HD space to choke a horse,
yadda.

I'm a bit new at this, so please bear with me:

I've got an A-Trend 3DS801 ForteMedia FM801 PCI soundcard. It claims to
have 'Real DOS Soundblaster Pro support' built in, so I was wondering,
before I got configuring my kernel and doing major hassles, would

controller	snd0
device sb0	at pci? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1

do me any good? Or am I simply doing a grammar hack? Are PCI sound cards
even really supported? If all else fails, I can slap my old AWE64 in there
along side it and go to town.

Note: If this makes any difference, the sound card is the only thing
FreeBSD didn't detect through all this, but I suspect this is due to
kernel.GENERIC being the way it is.

Any new information, or even pointers on where to go, would be amazingly
helpful.

Thanks,

Cory Ringdahl

--