Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:33:15 -0600 (GMT)
From:      Sean Welch <welchsm@earthlink.net>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>, gallatin@cs.duke.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: ATA patch and others

I recompiled and installed the kernel and it now boots to
the point of hanging after the "Updating motd." message.
It doesn't seem to be looking at etc/ttys yet, but at least
it is now producing a var/run/dmesg.boot !

I tried booting without the files from under
/usr/src/etc/etc.sparc64 and the ttys file I already had
as it was, with that ttys file containing an ofwcons line
(a'la Drew), the files from etc.sparc64 without ofwcons
in ttys, and once more with ofwcons in the new ttys file.
I got the same result in each case.

Drew, I also see the disk attached as BIOSPIO -- is this
what you posted about in the current list (maybe)?

                                                  Sean