Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:02:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unix 2000...

	I'm in Windows 2000 training all this week. (Ick... but the
company is paying for it...) Everytime I turn around, there is yet another
Unix concept staring me in the face.... :) there is an /etc directory now
with hosts, services and protocalls all in there. The file system now has
DTF (distributed tree filesystem(?) which can span hard
drives/computers. Windows 2000 now supports the concept of MOUNTing
directories (so that you're not limited to 26 drives/partitions.) AND now
has "groups," You can put people into certain groups and they don't have
(or do have) access to certain devices/files... I've been taking to
calling it Unix 2000 in the class! :)

				Rick