Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:27:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        jeff <jeff@stardustweb.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: setquota-0.1

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, jeff wrote:
> Good day to you I own a isp web server and getting to the point I am
> getting to the point where I need to set quotas on users and have
> tried to complie a custom kernal and failed.

In order for quotas to work you -must- compile a kernel with

options         QUOTA                   # enable disk quotas

in your kernel config file.

> Now is this port a command line or does it need to be complied any
> help I could use it 3 days and nights of fail attemps

This port provides a command line interface for quota management.

'make all install clean' in the port dir should do everything you need.

Concentrate on getting a kernel compiled first though.

Once you are running your new kernel you'll need to edit your /etc/rc.conf
and add

check_quotas="YES"	# Check quotas (or NO).
enable_quotas="YES"	# turn on quotas on startup (or NO).

Then you'll need to modify your /etc/fstab to enable quotas for the
various filesystems.

# Device	Mountpoint	FStype  Options			Dump	Pass#
/dev/da1s1e	/export		ufs	rw,userquota,groupquota 1	1

Reboot and you'll be good to go.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |