Date:      Sat, 26 May 2012 00:04:02 +0100
From:      Steven Massey <s.j.massey@gmail.com>
To:        Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xserve G5 keeps shutting down

Thanks Paul,

I'll try and track one down. Thanks for your quick reply! I suspected it mig=
ht the power supply but there's no way of being sure.

All the best,
Steve

On 25 May 2012, at 23:31, Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu> wrote:

> On May 25, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Steven Massey wrote:
>=20
>> Did you resolve this problem that you had with your xserve, I have the ex=
act same issue only my system won't stay on long enough to run any tests. I t=
ested the bat and reset the pmu, swapped out the ram etc.
>>=20
>> Any help or tips, much appreciated!
>=20
>=20
> Unfortunately, it turned out to be a dying power supply to blame.  I manag=
ed to swap it for another one and have had no problems since (touch wood:).