Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 1995 10:54:15 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't build -current kernel, what am I doing wrong?

I recently started sup'ing sys-current, even though my machine is running
2.0.5-ALPHA (yes, I'm a lazy upgrader).  I want to submit some multicast
fixes, but I haven't yet tested them under FreeBSD, only SunOS.

I got and built the new config, and config'd a new kernel.  However, the build
is choking on the following line of sys/sys/types.h:

typedef _BSD_OFF_T_     off_t;          /* file offset */

Do I need a new gcc, which understands what a _BSD_OFF_T_ is, to build a
-current kernel?

Thanks,
  Bill