Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 16:19:31 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   quickcam performance...

Hi,

I am trying to use vic with the quickcam on the parallel port using
/dev/qcam, and performance is just horrible. I don't remember it so bad
when using the user-space library on a much slower system, so there
must be something wrong...

Is there any known performance problem with /dev/qcam , or some
configuration problem on my side ? I think I am using basic
(unidirectional) parallel port to access the camera, as I was with the
user-space library... and I am running 2.2.1

	Cheers
	Luigi