Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:20:10 +0000
From:      Joe Warren-Meeks <joe@filmgroup.co.uk>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        joe@filmgroup.co.uk, scottl@freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org, geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com
Subject:   Re: Installing on Dell PERC 3/Si RAID card

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 07:15:33PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:

Hey Mike,

> > others) and the install utility sees the disks, lets us config and newfs
> > them and then starts copying bin over so it is writing to disk.
> >
> > This bombs out after 1 - 2 mins with the following error:
> >
> > table full timeout trap
> > shutting down aac
> >
> > Any ideas whats wrong here, anything that we can do?
>
> Urk.  Scott, this sounds like you're forgetting to untimeout() commands
> when they complete.
>
> Folks; we've been trying to track down a problem with these controllers
> where they seem to mysteriously stop responding after a while.  I think
> you're running into a problem with some code that Scott added to try to
> track this down.
>
> Scott - if you have some time, try removing the per-command timeout and
> just save time_second into the command structure, and then in a timeout
> routine running every (eg) 10 seconds, bitch about commands that have
> been on the busy queue for more than 30 seconds...
>
> If you don't have any time to work on this, let me know and I'll do it.
>
> Joe, Geoff; if you have any particular time constraints, let me know and
> I'll try to meet them.

Wow! Thats brilliant! Um, time wise, we are trying to get this into
service as an intranetty and shell accounty thing for our office, and my
boss probly would moan if it took longer than a week or two. But I'm
bigger than him *grin*

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know..

Cheers!

 -- joe.