Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:51:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Castor Fu <castor@geocast.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NCR53c810 problems and FreeBSD2.2-STABLE

I have narrowed down the source of my problems with the NCR SCSI controller
which I reported earlier with 2.2-STABLE

Attempts to use the drive hang if the probe for the  uha driver is enabled.

The GENERIC kernel tries to find the uha controller at port 0x330.
I believe that this port number is used by my Yamaha OPL-3 sound
interface.

However, the  GENERIC kernel doesn't contain support for sound cards,
and furthermore, it doesn't seem like the Ultrastor driver should
stomp on the NCR one just from probing things.

I'm happy because I'm up and running, but if someone wants to look
further into this, I'd be happy to try other tests.

	-castor