Date:      Mon, 7 Nov 2016 23:44:38 +0000
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: clang support for compiler:openmp

--z4+8/lEcDcG5Ke9S

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 10:12:59PM +0100, Matthieu Volat wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:59:36 +0000
> Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> > On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 08:36:22AM +0100, Marcus von Appen wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >=20
> > > is there a specific reason, why we do not (yet) have openmp support f=
or
> > > clang via compiler:openmp? With devel/openmp in the ports tree, I'd
> > > expect compiler:openmp to set
> > >=20
> > > LIB_DEPENDS+=3D   libomp.so:devel/openmp
> > >=20
> > > for compiler=3Dclang. CFLAGS and LIBS/LDFLAGS might be tweaked on a
> > > per-port level.
> >=20
> > I talked with Baptiste about this in Belgrade.  I think the best way
> > forward would be to remove the OPENMP option from the llvm ports and
> > alter the clang-patch-fopenmp.diff patch to use the .so from
> > devel/openmp.
> >=20
> > I have a major deadline at the end of the week so it definitely won't
> > happen this week.
> >=20
>=20
> Would not that make that every clang use the llvm 3.8 libomp snapshot? It=
 might be useful to use later versions in some cases, but anyway, that woul=
d be great!

It would mean sticking to a single version, but I'd be pretty surprised
if mixing them ended well so that's probably for the best.

> It would also be awesome if base clang would be able to find omp.h and li=
bomp more "out of the box" once the package is installed...

libomp is pretty easy once I realized I needed to hardcode the path to
the .so, I'll have to see what's involved for omp.h.

-- Brooks

--z4+8/lEcDcG5Ke9S

--z4+8/lEcDcG5Ke9S--