Date:      Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:35:28 +0200
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@barrysworld.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linprocfs issues

"Steven Hartland" <killing@barrysworld.com> writes:
> Also it seems that linprocfs relies on procfs being mounted
> however I cant find any docs that mention this and see no
> reason why it should be the case. The problem I see
> is that I get errors from linux apps about /proc/<pid>/file
> not existing. When trussing them they are never trying to
> open "file" I suspect it is happening when the access either
> cmdline or exe most likely exe.

linprocfs uses parts of the procfs code; for instance, linprocfs's
<pid>/exe and procfs's <pid>/file are backed by the same code.  In the
case of <pid>/cmdline, which exists with the same name in both FreeBSD
and Linux, linprocfs relies on procfs's cmdline to "show through"
rather than duplicate it.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no