Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:25:09 +0100
From:      Sebastian Holmqvist <sebastian.holmqvist@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise SATA150 TX2Plus stalls computer

Trying to solve this serious problem I have.
I run a fileserver with FreeBSD 5.3 and proftpd.

I have a system disc (PATA) into the motherboard and two SATA discs in
the controller card.
When I transfer large amounts of data, the system freezes up and when
you restart, the SATA discs are corrupt.
If I don't umount them fsck (boot-scan) will cause a stall it too.

I've changed motherboard/cpu and tried three different network cards.
I've also scanned the SATA discs with the manufacturers diagnostics tool.

Here's my hardware-list:
Abit KT7-raid
AMD Athlon 800
D-link 100 Mbit
IBM 30 GB IDE
2x Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA
Cdrom, display card, 230w etc.

I've spoken to the manufacturer of both the hard drives and the
controller card with no luck.
I've also searched alot and talked some on freebsd-questions.
--

Sebastian Holmqvist
Webprogrammer / HL2 modder