Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 09:16:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rashid  Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   "active" (INND14unoff4,shared) gets corrupted

	Hi there ppl,

I have INND1.4seunoff4 installed on 3 computers here -
2 P6-200 and one P-166, all under FreeBSD 2.1-Release.
In one case(P-166) I use shared active patch and ccd driver
to max the HDs perf.
And it works kinda OK, but every once in a while
which means every day the active file gets corrupted
to the extent when it becomes unusable. A lot of BS
characters appear in it,articles numbers get concatenated
with the newsgroups names, non numeric characters appear
in the art. numbers and so on.
The system is not in a production and there is no heavy
usage.

So did any1 see it before ? Does shared active patch work with
FreeBSD ? Well, it does work in my case , but could it cause
the corruption of the active file ?
I know that some folx here have news machines with ccd working OK
and I'm quite satisfies with perfomance too,but this thing with
active is really annoying.

Rashid