Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:46:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Chad David <davidc@colnta.acns.ab.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DHCP and NAT

I am in the process of changing my home ISP, and for
price/perfomance reasons my choice has led me to a
provider who only assigns addresses with DHCP.  This
isn't really a problem except that I have a few other
machines that I run behind a FreeBSD firewall and nat.

Will natd properly handle the dhcp assigned addresses
(possibly more than one address on the Interface), and
will it react properly to lease expiries?  The -n and
-dynamic options to natd lead me to believe it will, but
I would like someone to give me a warm fuzzy feeling
before I take down my existing network connection.

One other concern is that I have two applications running
behind nat that are udp based.  In that past I have hard
coded the configs, but how will this work with dynamic
addresses?

Does anyone have any comments, or example configs that
they could offer.

Thanks in advance.

Chad David
davidc@acns.ab.ca