Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:00:39 -0500
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape mail again

Since there was some confusion on this question when it was originally
submitted, I will try it again.  You will have to look at the source of
this message to see what I mean.

When using Netscape mail, the Sender field is always the name of the
logged in user on a given machine.  For example I am logged in as "jim"
on my laptop at the moment.  If you check the header of this email I
think you will find "Sender: jim@earthlink.net" which is not at all
correct.  Some MTA's have a problem with this.

Here is an example of the header in question.