Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 06:53:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@isl.cf.ac.uk>
To:        peter@bonkers.taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> > > I think we can rely on cgi-bin.
>
> > No you can't. Some servers interperate (sp?) inline code while others do not.
>
> What does that have to do with cgi-bin? It's pretty solidly documented and
> identical between NCSA and CERN. Same for forms support.

This has nothing to do with our docs issue. Our docs should not be using any
cgi scripts. Our online www pages might but that's an issue for the web
manager on www.freebsd.org and does not mean we need to ship a server with
the base system.

My main point is that we should not require a server to read our documentation
and most definately our docs should not use server dependant styles.

--
  Paul Richards, FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org,  URL: http://isl.cf.ac.uk/~paul/