Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:30:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@satan.freebsdsystems.com>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, peter kok <aoypcc@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: star office

Hi Peter,

1) make sure you have linux_base installed (last time it was in
/usr/ports/emulators)

2) make a dir in /usr/ports/distfiles called staroffice5

3) copy so51a_lnx_01.tar from your cdrom to /usr/ports/distfiles/staroffice5

4) cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice5

5) make  (hint: don't just do make install)

6) the above all done as root

7) You will get a message during the make of staroffice that you do the same
(make) but as a regular user. It is quite easy.

Best of luck,

Lanny Baron

> peter kok wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Could I install staroffice in freebsd 4.0?
>> i have staroffice CD but it only has linux , solaris and win95 installation.
>
> Have a look in the archives (http://www.freebsd.org/mail/), it was
> discussed lively just a day or two ago. Short version: StarOffice 5.1a
> english is already in the ports.
>
> HTH
> -Christoph Sold

Lanny Baron,