Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:02:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        robert@nanguo.chalmers.com.au, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: progress report on connection problems

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > 1)	Contact the vendor for a fix; one probably exists.
> > >
> > > 2)	If no fix is available, turn extension off on the FreeBSD
> > > 	system, and submit a bug report to the vendor so that a
> > > 	fix will happen.
> >
> > Turning extensions off does not stop the problem.
>
> Does the remote system triggering the problem have extensions enabled?

Nope.

> Are extensions off on *both* ends?  If so, *exactly* what do you
> see happening, and for what programs?

Yup - It was with users - only some - same problem as the other guy has..
They would connect to the news server, and not be able to pull headers -
or to the web server, and get the text but not the graphics.  It would
stall.

The bandaide I put on it was to number all freebsd boxes on class C's
other than those of my annexes, forcing the packets thru my cisco.
Everything cleared.