Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2012 20:34:02 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please help me diagnose this crazy VMWare/FreeBSD 8.x crash

Hi guys I'm excitedly posting this from my phone. Good news for you =
guys, bad news for us -- we were building HA storage on vmware for a =
client and can now replicate the crash on demand. I'll be posting =
details when I get home to my PC tonight, but this hopefully is enough =
to replicate the crash for any curious followers:

ESXi 5
9 or 9-STABLE
HAST=20
1 cpu is fine
1GB of ram
UFS SUJ on HAST device
No special loader.conf, sysctl, etc
No need for VMWare tools
Run Bonnie++ on the HAST device

We can get the crash to happen on the first run of bonnie++ right now. =
I'll post the exact specs and precise command run in the PR. We found an =
old post from 2004 when we looked up the process state obtained from =
CTRL+T -- flswai -- which describes the symptoms nearly perfectly.