Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2021 04:09:39 +0200
From:      Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        wa5qjh <wa5qjh@xmission.com>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 876, Issue 9

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 3:52 AM wa5qjh <wa5qjh@xmission.com> wrote:
> It tells you that continuing the download at this time is futile, go do s=
omething else. waiting , attempting to download the whole thing again, and =
it will even if cached and ive watched it download it all again, means you =
have to spend all that time waiting to see if its going to finish or not. B=
elieve me, Its a big time and (precious) bandwidth waster! I've seen it get=
 to 99% downloaded then declared a file size mismatch and fetch as used, do=
esn't employ the resume feature so whatever was downloaded last time isn't =
used the next even if only 2 minutes prior. partial downloads are not cache=
d.
>    I'm rather curious tho, since I'm pretty certain theres a good reason =
for making the big downloads at or near last, what is it? ( no, seriously, =
why? not being snarky here or anywhere in this message, honest! no time or =
patience for that!)
> Gary Corell
>  Ya gotta see time beyond the end of your nose

Then chunks / resume download or "continue" feature like in wget would
be helpful? Have you created a pkg ticked on bugzilla? :-)

--=20