Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:22:23 -0600
From:      "Aaron" <security@adtu.org>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vm_fault panic

Hello,

I'm not sure if I have enough information about the panics yet. They always
seem to occur when I'm away from the computer.
I have one of the mini ITX mb's with the C3 processor and Via chipset.
The last panic that I caught was vm_fault: no fault entry.
I read about "getting the most out of your panics", using "nm"and didn't
really find anything in the kernel relating to the panic error. I was also
using the generic kernel during this panic.
I think it has something to do with my fdisk setup. However, this is just a
wild guess.
I'll be doing a cvsup, with no other processes running, and I'll get a
kernel panic " syncing 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 "
I have tried several different disk geometries. I matched it to the bios
setting.... Still have the same troubles.
The drive is nearly new. WDigital wd200bb
I tried installing redhat on it as well, just to see how it would react. I
get similar problems with errors about a problem with the main partion.
I have 3 freebsd books and the web and I'm still not gaining ground on this
problem. It is very intermittent.
I thought I was on to something when I found the BIOS APM was on, but that
didn't help either.
Any help?   I'll try and get more info on my panics.
Thanks,
Aaron