Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 16:31:52 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com, Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
Cc:        FreebSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ssh port problem.....

In the last episode (Sep 13), William Woods said:
> I have done this, and nothing changed....same errors.
>
> On 13-Sep-98 Brian Feldman wrote:
> > Look in /usr/local/include. Delete /usr/local/include/arpa/inet.h et al.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brian Feldman
> >
> > On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, William Woods wrote:
> >
> >> OK, I just installed rsarf from the ports useing make OBJFORMAT=aout and
> >> that
> >> worked fine, but when I do a make OBJFORMAT=aout for ssh I get the
> >> following...
> >> sshconnect.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
> >> sshconnect.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
> >> canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment

This is a bug in ssh; they're not #include'ing <netinet/in.h> and
<arpa/inet.h> before using the inet_* functions.  I believe there are
now weak symbols in libc.so to work around these buggy programs; try
either editing the ssh source files and adding those includes, or
updating and recompiling libc.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com