Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 1997 23:11:30 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: another set of changes.

On Sat, Aug 30, 1997 at 02:52:52AM -0600, Steve Passe wrote:

> We're at the point where deadlocks are going to become common.  Bear with me
> and help as you can.  When you hit one please record all the facts you can,
> and report them to smp@freebsd.org.  Hopefully we will get thru this period
> before too long...

Yesterday evening and today evening my system hangs with a page fault.

I'm on CPU#1, I need to be on CPU#0, sleeping
timeout waiting for CPU#0!
syncing disks...
cpuid=1
lapic.id=0
fault virtual address	= 0x10
fault code		= supervisor-read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8: 0xf0133110
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xff803c5c
frame pointer		= 0x10:0xff803c70
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type=0x1b
			= DPL0, pres 1, def 32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= Idle
mp_lock			= 01000004
interrupt mask		= tty <- SMP: XXX
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault
cpuid 1

This was the output I noticed yestwerday evening.
Today I cvsupped newly and build a new kernel.
When the panic happened today at about 10pm, I compared the
output with that above messages I wrote down, and everything
is nearly the same, only the instruction stack and frame pointer
were about off by one or two, because of the new kernel I think.

What do you need to have more, so that you can figure out, what's
going wrong ?

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                    Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD